Freezing temperatures are expected to hit the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area this week. We wanted to provide you a list of things to check and maintain during these chilling days.
- Unhook any outdoor water hoses to your faucets.
- Wrap outdoor pipes and faucets with newspaper, foam, rags, or other insulating material.
- Check hardware stores for insulation products that fit over outside water faucets.
- Open doors under your sinks to provide warm air circulation.
- Circulate the water in your home by dripping at least one sink.
- Keep the temperature in your home in a warm setting.
- If a leak is detected inside the home, shut off the water to the house immediately to prevent further damage and contact your plumber.
- Inspect your fireplace and chimney
- Stock up on supplies such as; firewood, batteries, and candles
Downloading The Weather Channel app could be a great resource to have. The app can be found in the Apple app store and the Google Play store.